We would like to thank all our volunteers and patrons of the Montreal Community Theatre. The Montreal is reopening on December 6th 2020 after being closed for more than 8 months since the start of the COVID19 Pandemic. You will notice some changes when you next visit the theatre.
The threatre is registered as COVID Safe and will be operating under new COVID Safe guidelines to ensure the health and safety of all our patrons, volunteers and performing artists. We will need your help to ensure the theatre remains a positive and safe experience for all.
To keep up to date with theatre news, please check the website or the Montreal Theatre facebook page.
We are always ready to answer any of your questions and you can phone us on 69479100.
Exchange and Refund Policy
The Montreal Community Theatres Exchange and Refund Policy has been designed to encourage anyone showing symptoms or who has had possible contact with a COVID-19 case to cancel their attendance for the safety of all other patrons.
- A full refund or exchange is available to any ticket purchaser who, since their ticket purchase, has developed any of the recognised symptoms of COVID-19.
- A full refund or exchange is available to any ticket purchaser who, since their ticket purchase, has come into contact with anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms or a confirmed case of Coronavirus.
- Refund or exchange in the above circumstances will be available up until ‘last minute’. Absolutely no refunds or exchanges will be available after the performance has taken place.
- A full refund or exchange will be offered for any tickets to cancelled or rescheduled shows.
Once reopened under COVID Safe guidelines we would like to keep the Montreal as safe as possible for our patrons and our volunteers. To help maintain a smooth transition we have put together some questions you may need to know.
Where can I purchase tickets?
- Sounds of the Mountains, located on 81 Capper Street (Opposite Tumut Toyota) between 9am-3pm Monday to Friday. We do encourage you to purchase your tickets beforehand to avoid over crowding at the theatre.
- The Box Office, located inside the doors of the Montreal Theatre will be open 30 mins prior to the scheduled start time of each event.
What happens if I am late?
For the safety and comfort of everyone, please ensure you arrive with enough time to be seated before the start of the performance. Due to COVID guidelines, it may take longer than normal to ensure everyone is seated before the performance begins. Please arrive early and enjoy the pre event entertainment.
What if I am not feeling well?
That’s no good, you should stay at home. Take it easy, rest up and we will see you next time.
The Montreal Community Theatre has developed an Exchange and Refund Policy to encourage anyone showing symptoms or who has had possible contact with a COVD-19 case to cancel their attendance for the safety of all other patrons and volunteers.
Is the Montreal registered as COVID Safe?
Yes we certainly are. The Montreal Community Theatre Inc. is a registered COVID Safe business with Service NSW
Will there be live performances at the Montreal?
Yes, there will be live performances once again in 2021. The schedule of performances will be monitored to ensure the theatre is responding to the latest health information provided the current COVID safe guidelines.